Confluence of Red Sheep Creek and Chandalar River
1045. Last day. Waiting at the airstrip at the confluence of Red Sheep Creek and Chandalar River for Kirk – he’s supposed to be here between 0900-1200 – fingers crossed. We’re all ready to go, I think. Rained most of the night, gray morning so far. A plane, not Kirk’s, dropped down out of the clouds and the pilot asked if one of us was Jennifer and if so, to come with him.
Notes to self:
- Best Meals: Chicken ala King, Shrimp & Ham Jambalaya, Lentils w/ Citrus Olive Oil, Chickpeas with Lime & Tomato
- Hot chocolate = Good!
- Fuel consumption: Two Gatorade bottles
- Final weights (body only)
- Shari 148.0
- Erin 154.2
- Jennifer 141.8
- Changed batteries on GPS 1x
- Changed batteries on camera 2x
- Changed batteries on Steripen 1x
Total distance: 34.8 miles
visit the Gallery for more pics